Main Content

Pets Can’t Eat People Food

I was just about to wrap up my blog series on pet safety when a facebook friend posted (what he thought was a hilarious) message about being in a bar in Washington, D.C. and witnessing another customer ordering (and then serving) a beer to his English bulldog. It was all I could do not to jump in the car for the quick, ten hour trip to D.C. I was amazed and angry and baffled. Surely, people MUST know better than to serve their pets alcohol. Right? And most pet owners know that chocolate is toxic to our furry friends. Yes? But, the more I talked to friends, the more I realized there is a huge lack of knowledge about how human food can be catastrophically dangerous to our pets. So, here it is, dear readers… the infographic that should, apparently, be posted in all bars, bakeries, candy stores and fast food restaurants around the world:

Skip to content